"Life is so Sweet"
Three days of celebration and Bondo.
December 7 – Bruce’s Birthday
I was born in a Chicago blizzard – forcing the doctor to spend the night at the hospital.
People have nagged me, “We want to take you out for your birthday.” Thank you, but I enjoy cooking and eating in the kitchen with loud music, dancing, and friends. If this sounds like you, please join.
If you’re inspired to bring a side dish or a slice of pie, fine. But no points will be taken off your friendship score if you come as you are.
Show up anytime between 6:00 pm and 9:00 for a super casual evening. If there’s a blizzard, we have plenty of beds.
Please Email me to RSVP.
December 8 – BONDO Workshop
What started as a code word between Karen and me is emerging as a movement toward heart-first connections.
The Urban Slang Dictionary forgot to include “Bondo,” but if it did, Bondo: n. The capacity to form and maintain intimate relationships.
Usage: “She’s got Bondo.” “Or, I won’t survive without Bondo.”
How about: “1969: Turn on your Lovelight. 2023: I’m connecting with Bondo!”
I will be joined by my co-creator, Carole Anne Cantey. Carole Anne is a long-time friend, Karen’s partner in Bondo, and a Licensed Professional Counselor from Columbia, SC.
- Bondo and nuclear fusion — the source of energy for all Life
- The psychological basis for Bondo Deficit (Is there a pill for BD?)
- The Seven Seas (C’s) that build Bondo in a relationship
- Bondo as a creative force akin to sex
- Building Bondo with or without a marriage partner – even in the drive-thru
- Practical Bondo: Breaking the Fourth Wall in heartfelt encounters
- Healing the “Trauma Story” (past) versus “Actionable Bondo” (present)
- “Self-Remembering” to engage Bondo
- Dissolving an impasse: The risk of placing your position on the shelf (thank you, Karen).
The Friday morning workshop will run roughly from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. Extracurricular option: 1:00 pm – We will partner up, walk to random restaurants on the Square, practice Bondo, and return to share what was discovered.
COST: This modality is still being developed, so it is free. Donations will be accepted if you find it of value to you.
Learn more about Bondo at BondoLife.com
Please email me to RSVP.
December 9 – Darshan with Karen
The Karen “sightings” continue to build, so let’s celebrate her Yahrzeit together.
Yahrzeit is a Yiddish word meaning the anniversary of a death. Karen passed on December 9, which also serves as the culmination of my 12-month mission to “actively engage the grieving process.” What does that mean? Not taking any experiences, feelings, inner promptings, or invitations for granted and acting on them without doubt or hesitation.
Yes, the completion of my twelve-month vow of radical acceptance is coming up, and I’m surprised no one used the secret decoder ring to get their feet rubbed.
Did the Grand Life Reset I hoped for take place? My answer: If you sit on the dock hoping to see the tide rise, you will fail to notice the rising boats.
The Saturday Evening:
- 6:00 pm – Chai and fellowship. Hors d’oeuvres and light foodies (gratefully received)
- 7:00 pm – Program: Sharing Circle. Topic: – “Where’s Karen? – Exploring the Veils”
- 7:45 pm – Musical presentation: Cyndi Craven
- 8:30 pm – Video: “Life is So Sweet”
- 8:45 pm – Closing circle
All times are approximate
December 10: Seeking donation of a heart-lung machine.
Please email me to RSVP.
Bruce with his first teacher, Morrie Berman. 1972
Bruce with Sheikh of the Mevlevi (Rumi), Suleyman Dede. 1976
Henry Miller and Anais Nin
Karen and Carole Anne sailing in the British Virgin Islands
Marguerite Wilson and (?), Sema, Boulder CO, 1978
Karen with Waldo
Karen with Reshad Feild, 1980
Bruce and Karen, Campbell Cove, TN, 2019